ScreenPal is fast, free, and easy to use screen capture software. It can be launched directly from your browser for an easy screen capture experience.
Quick Facts #
- Price: Free for recording videos up to 15 minutes and editing tools. Paid plans available with more features
- Platforms: Web, Mac, Windows, Chromebook, iOS, and Android
- Recommended For: Beginners
- Where to Access: ScreenPal
Things To Know #
With ScreenPal you can take screen captures (video of what’s happening on your screen) or screenshots (pictures of your screen).
When screen capturing there are options to record just the screen, just a webcam, or to record both a webcam and screen at the same time, along with your computer audio. You can also adjust the size of the screen capture to record a specific part of the screen, and use your microphone for narration.
ScreenPal offers basic video editing tools for free. You can add and animate text, image and video overlays, use video effects, and add free music and sound effects.
Videos can be saved directly to your computer or uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or a cloud storage drive like Google Drive or Dropbox.
Getting Started Guides #
Additional Resources #
DKC Guide to Free Video Editors – A list of the free video editing tools we support in the DKC.
Want More Help? #
- Book an appointment with a consultant at the DKC. We would love to help you with your videos and presentations!
- Check out our Getting Started with Recorded Presentations Guide for more presentation recording help.
Reviewed by Shannon Hauser 08/21/23