GIMP is an image editing program that also allows you to create digital art and graphic design elements. GIMP is currently available for Linux, FreeBSD, MacOSX, and Windows operating systems.
- Price: Free
- Platforms: Linux, FreeBSD, MacOSX, and Windows
- Open Source: Yes
- Recommended For: Beginners
If you haven’t already downloaded GIMP onto your device that should be your first step. The download page can be found here.
GIMP has is a very detailed crash course for beginners which can be found here.
Below are some beginner level projects that will help you familiarize yourself and GIMP and also get yourself more comfortable working in the program.
- GIMP Layers and Paint Brush: This video allows you to practice working with layers and the paintbrush tool
- GIMP Text: This video allows you to practice working with text tools, the transform tools, gradient fill, etc.
- GIMP Paintbrushes and Photo Manipulation: This video allows you to practice installing paintbrushes and GIMP as well as photo manipulation
Have questions about this tool? Book an appointment with a DKC consultant!